Tuesday, June 14, 2011

"If you like Pina Coladas..."

...And getting caught in the rain" SO perfect for tonight!

Our night of drinking on the deck was brought inside by the rolling thunder and rain on the windows. Of course that did not stop our festivities. Thank
you to my dear friend, Trish, for hosting margarita Tuesday. Trish is the original buyer of the book, 101 Margaritas. She gave me the book a few years ago as a gift, which we discussed tonight. I thought that she had given me the book for a college graduation or birthday gift. Boy, was I was wrong!! The gift was given to me to cheer me up after a difficult break up. I was suppose to drink my pain away, I guess. I didn't get that at the time. Whoopsie! That makes me appreciate the book even more now after I have begun this challenge.

Tonight, Trish had a few ladies over fort the Coco-Pina Margarita and the Caribbean Margarita. We all agreed that both margaritas could cause you to imagine you were on the beach!! The Coco-Pina Margarita was a very light and fruity shaken marg. We could definitely drink that one for hours lying on the beach somewhere in Mexico. And the Caribbean Margarita was unanimously a perfect escape from reality to a cruise ship floating through the Caribbean. We had fresh pineapple for our garnish and that was the perfect addition.

One of the recipes called for an ingredient called Co-Co Lopez. I wasn't sure what the hell it was for sure or where the hell to find it. Well, the interested fact of the day was that it's cream of coconut and it mainly used for Pina Coladas and can be found ANYWHERE at your local liquor store near the other mixers. Another lesson learned!

No comments:

Post a Comment