Saturday, June 11, 2011

Sake Margarita Night

Tonight is quite the event!! 20+ people drinking margaritas! My friends, The Drinkers, hosted yet another Margarita night! 5 recipes down tonight. We started with the Sake Margarita, Bamboo Margarita, Rain Margarita, Sweet Ginger Margarita, and lastly Ginger Beer Margarita. Everyone got a sample of each margarita. But as our preplanned attempt to keep the party drinking usual, we ended up with the Limoncello Margarita AGAIN! Welcome ALL of my guest bloggers, this evening, and all my new followers! Happy Day!

The Drinkers planned an amazing menu, yet again, thanks to Shanghai Bistro in Stillwater, MN. Holla to Still-H20! "We ordered Lo Mein, Chow Mein, edamame, egg rolls, and a platter of assorted sushi rolls to coincide with our Asian theme of sake Margaritas." -Sue Rinker

The kitchen counter is a fully stocked bar, from tequila, to sake, to Grand Marnier, to wines and juices. I was afraid that I would not like a sake margarita, but I was wrong! The sake margaritas were darn good. The bamboo margarita had Midori. I thought it was a bad sign that even the liquor store owner asked me, "how the hell do you use this?"

Since there are so many friends here, I will let them speak for themselves...
"The food rocked my face off" -Lolly Haas

"I love the limoncello... LOVED it! I liked the uhhh... sake one. I didn't like the Midori one or the Rain one. I enjoyed the limoncello one, in my opinion, is a mouthgasm!" -Steve Faust
N8 (or Nate) says, "Amazingly enough, you would think that co-mingling the Japanese and Mexican traditions would result in hard working auto workers, however when applied to alcoholic beverages, the results are quite sublime!" -Nate Smith
"The limoncello is a fantastic margarita. I would recommend it to anyone. We are having a very fun time. We've gotten to see three "tres" hot air balloons while sitting on the deck. I've liked every single one so far tonight. The one with the beer in it was my least favorite." -Kara Huelsman.

"I like the average margarita. I am drinking margarita mix from a bottle." - Fred Huelsman (I don't him that is not ok!)

"I like the Ginger Beer Margarita the best. It is the best!" -Tayna Gerald

Sara Letourneau, although I haven't known her long, she's hilarious and enjoys margaritas as much as I do, so she must be ok. "I loved the Sake Margarita and the Ginger Beer Margarita. The Ginger Beer was like the perfect drink on a hot summer night... Too bad it wasn't hot, huh?!"

Lucy Smith, N8's wife, says, "I was anticipating the Ginger Beer Margarita and the taste exceeded my expectations. TWO THUMBS UP!" - Lucy Smith

"I liked the Bamboo Margarita the best, then the Limoncello Margarita after that." -Jill S.

Todd Letourneau says, "I like the Rain Margarita. Be the rain! And I liked the Ginger Beer Margarita. I have had a great time this evening. Steve Drinker has an exceptional taste in beer."

I saved the best for last, Steve Drinker, "surrounded by great friends, great food, and great margaritas, it is hard to pick! I love all of them and everybody for spending time at my place."

I, Julie, have had a great time with awesome people and awesome drinks! Sake Margaritas... Not bad... Not bad at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment