Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Can you truly put a lime in the coconut?!

I was very excited to open up a coconut. That is something that I've never done before! It was a big deal even buying my first coconut! I always wondered about that song. How do you put a lime in the coconut and shake it all up?

I invited my friends back for a guest blog and a drink, Nate & Lucy Smith! We had the Coconut Margarita and the Asian Pear Margarita. Both of the margaritas were delicious. The coconut was beautiful and white; and little colored umbrellas in it, just was the icing on the cake! The coconut margaritas went down cool and smooth! (And quite quickly I may add!)

As for the Asian Pear Margarita, it was very delicious. The recipe called for the recipe called for an Asian pear with its peel. The peel in the blender made very small chunks in the drink. It was a great flavor, but we ended up pouring it through something to get the chunks out. Then, it was a little more enjoyable.

My friend, Nate had two jobs. First, he was to buy the Asian pear. He thought that, that I was some sort of expert, and I should KNOW whats the difference between a pear and an Asian pear. He bought 3 different kinds, and we never really figured it out. His other job was the break open the coconut. Thanks to Google, we learned that a coconut has 3 eyes. One of them is soft. THAT is the one you poke through to get out all the water first. That was a pretty cool thing, that I probably would have never learned had it not been for this little challenge of mine!!

I think Nate liked the coconut margarita better (because he finished his and Lucy's very quickly), and Lucy like the pear Margarita better!

Cheers until tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment