Friday, May 13, 2011

Margaritaville

So, after a very long day at work and the “wonderful” spring weather we're having (which means that I haven't seen the sun in about 5 days) I decided the best place to go is Margaritaville. After two drinks, I really didn't give a rip if the sun was out or not! Two more drinks down on this dreary Thursday evening and there would definitely be another one or two if I had the right ingredients!

The Low-Carb Marg, I would love to say that it was delicious and that I could save a few pounds during my summer challenge, but NOPE, it was awful!! It was basically lime juice, tequila, and splenda... not anywhere near a good combination. I even iced a Lift Bridge Beer glass to help improve the taste. It didn't help any!

The Lemon Meringue Margarita was a very different recipe, but yum, yum, yum! This is a perfect dessert drink. I definitely couldn't have more than two of those. The weirdest thing in this recipe is egg white. Oh, but it was yummy. I mean, come on, take a look at that picture!! I served it in an old-fashioned, beautiful cognac class, and for the finishing touch I added powdered sugar to the rim and a lemon!

No comments:

Post a Comment