Saturday, May 14, 2011

Big News!

I have big news! ... Not only am I drinking one of my favorite margaritas so far in my life (I'll get to that later), but I have exciting news to announce to the blog world. The author of, 101 Margaritas, Kim Haasarud, is NOW following MY blog! Having never done anything like this before (blogging I mean, God knows I've drank margaritas before) that is pretty cool! She asked me if she could share it with her friends, publicists, and publishers as well. So, welcome to some new followers across the country! We're going to have a great summer! ... Now, on to the margaritas...

I am currently enjoy the Chambord Margarita, which I thought I would like, but that is an understatement! After shaking it, and pouring it into a margarita glass, it swirls with a beautiful, dark pink (thanks to the Chambord). I would have taken a picture of it, but to tell you the truth, it was too much damn work right now, and also it didn't last very long in that glass.

I think my favorite part of making any cocktail, is putting all the ingredients into a metal shaker with a bunch of ice, and listening to that sound of flavors coming together with the ice. THEN while you're shaking it, you can feel the cold from the ice creep up the metal shaker all the way to the top. A little crazy, I know, but it is amazing.

So, I went into the liquor store today, and I bought a bunch of little bottle of various alcohols for the upcoming weeks. It turns out I don't feel like less of an alcoholic when I buy small bottles, only more so!

Cheers until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment