Sunday, July 31, 2011

Good can only get Better!!



My grandma, Marie Branum, was teasing me about bringing my own alcohol and mixing drinks at her house, but got a good kick out of it too. She's almost 98 and has the best sense of humor. That is a picture of her and I.

As I mixed drinks and asked who wanted some, they got excited about it quickly. "Old People are easily excited," as I quote by my Auntie Madeline.

After a stifling, hot Minnesota couple of days, my out-of-town relatives didn't think twice to partake in a mini margarita party. I served up the Margarita Madras and the Margarita Bay Breeze. They were delectable and ice cold. The margarita madras had cranberry juice and orange juice, while the bay breeze substituted the OJ for pineapple juice. Most of the people that tried them liked both, and only my mother liked the pineapple juice flavor better. It was a little sweeter. I liked 'em both!!!! I WILL be making them again, not to mention such a simple recipe.

Thank you to all my relatives who cheers with me today! I hope we can do it again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment