Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Are there grapefruits in your shirt or are you just happy to see me?

If you haven't guessed already, tonight I toast with the Grapefruit Margarita! I'm toasting to a finally summer-like day in Minnesota! After a busy few days at work, volunteering, family, and margaritas, I was ready to sit outside and enjoy a new recipe. The grapefruit margarita was very sweet and very delicious. My friends, Steve and Sue are joining me again. They enjoyed the bitterness of the grapefruit a little more than I did. We did try the salt on the rim, but we didn't enjoy the salt as much as the sugary rims that we have had.

We ventured back a few days and recreated the limoncello margarita in order to continue enjoying our evening out on the deck. Apparently we love the limoncello margarita. And the sugared rim, yummmmmy!!!

I must also share something that I learned today! My friend, Sue, taught me that you can microwave any fruits such as a lemon, lime, orange, or grapefruit to soften it and to get more juice when you squeeze it. Interesting, isn't it?!

While, we invite more friends to join our margs, we are learning life lessons and being very philosophical! A Wednesday night is NOT the night to do that!

Cheers until tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment