Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Should Really Read the Recipe

You know when it's summer when people are outside thinking of watermelons, burgers, corn-on-the-cob and margaritas. So that made me wonder, I asked what is your favorite of the 101 Margaritas to the author, Kim Haasarud?! Here is what she responded "That's a tough one ... so many great things in season right now, maybe the Watermelon Margarita or the Grapefruit Margarita. (Just be sure to use pummelo or ruby red grapefruit - those are the sweetest.)" I can't wait to drink everything within this beautiful, summer season!

Tonight, I made the Sunrise Margarita. Can anyone guess what's in that?? Yep, it's just like a tequila sunrise... except I made it... I've never done that before. As you may be guessing, I should really read the recipe. I got a little excited and put everything into my shaker with my ice. As I was shaking it and looking back at my book, I was suppose to add the grenadine at the very end so that it settles correctly to the bottom, making the sunrise true to color. I guess I should have read the recipe. However, the Sunrise Margarita was amazing still; a little pinker than it should have been, but delectable!

No comments:

Post a Comment