Friday, May 6, 2011

Day 1 and 2 Down


On my pre-birthday celebration with my family, we started with margarita, numbers 1 and 2 in the book. My family surprised me with a wonderful belated Cinco De Mayo birthday party. Margaritas all around. There were even decorations!

#1: Classic Margarita
#2: Grand Gold Margarita

The classic used a small amount of Cointreau. And can anyone guess the expensive liquor that was in the Grand Gold??? Yep, that's right... it was Grand Marnier! Both were delicious, which is half the reason I took some Tums and put on my pajamas only a few short hours after this picture was taken. The Grand Marnier, although delicious, had a strong, bitter taste for a such a small margarita. I must have to have a bigger one next time, I guess! Oh well.

The key ingredient for both cocktails has to be the simple syrup. I'll be using that pretty much all summer long in the majority of my recipes. Who knew something so amazing could come from water and sugar?! More to come soon, with the next post entitled "Happy Birthday to me!"

P.S. No After pictures yet! And 99 Margaritas to go

No comments:

Post a Comment