Saturday, May 21, 2011

Back in Business


After being sick all week, it is a delicious treat that I've missed dearly! While spending the evening with my best friend and confidant, we're making margaritas and celebrating a Minnesota welcome to the summer! And we played catch up today!!

I made the Lemon-Basil Margarita, the Meyer Lemon Margarita, the Bitter Lemon Margarita, AND the Mojita Rita! Yep, count 'em... that's 4! I ALSO made the Shirley Temple Rita for my best friend who I can now happily announce is preggers! Welcome Jamie, my first guest blogger!

Here's the breakdown, lemon-basil marg.. no thank you! I successfully made it for the challenge, but it was too strong and nearly a shot of basil flavored tequila. Meyer lemon marg was very sweet and delicious... I would make it again. I sipped it in the sun for quite a while. It was very crisp and light.

The bitter lemon was way too bitter... I could barely finish it! It's a lip pucker'er! Haha.

The Shirley Temple Rita was Amaaaaaaaazing! Jamie chugged it and I loved the fruity flavor! The grenadine and cherries were the perfect addition to a sweet drink. Jamie had the best idea to add tequila soaked cherries to make it an adult beverage. "It reminded me of a cherry limeade. It was delicious. It hit my margarita spot, that I won't be able to touch for a while," says Jamie.

Lastly, the Mojita Rita... as a non mojito lover, it was a very minty flavor. Someone who loves mojitos or mint flavored anything would love this drink. It may be my last experimental recipe this evening, but I might need to make one more drink to get the taste of mint out of my mouth! Hmmmmmmmm... possibly a margarita?!

No comments:

Post a Comment